Friday 17 February 2012

My Week - The Ides of March & Revenge & Smash



I just saw The Ides of March yesterday, and it was this brilliant political thriller set during US presidential elections. I loved the drama and the cynical characters. 
It was an extremely well-acted and directed movie. Paul Giamatti and George Clooney were so good and Ryan Gosling was great! I thought it was his best performance after Blue Valentine. 
I found the theme was similar to that of Wall Street. Young idealistic boy realizes the career he longs for requires more foul play than skill. 
It is based on Beau Willimon’s 2008 play “Farragut North", which I might read. 
For those unaware of this, Ides of March is the 15th of March and was the day Julius Caeser was killed. 
Remember in Shakespeare's Julius Caeser when he was warned by this soothsayer to, "beware the Ides of March."



Also, I recently started watching Revenge which is inspired by the Alexandre Dumas novel The Count of Monte Cristo and it's epic. Not the most intelligent show, but it's fun and visually pleasing. Like a cross between Gossip Girl and Desperate Housewives. It’s all Pretty setting (HAMPTONS!), Pretty Parties, Pretty People, Prettier Clothes and Ugly Drama.
So, if you like soapy- think sex, lies and videotapes and enjoyable TV Drama’s, it’s a must watch!
I like the poster. NOT. 






And I also saw the Smash pilot and it’s not bad! I like how grand it looks. Like NBC spent a lot of money on it. And I love NBC or at least Community, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock and The Office. Also, Debra Messing is such a good actress!
I wish the storyline was more Marilyn Manson than Monroe but whatever. The real problem here is WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE POSTER!?!
It's just odd.


Did you watch any cool stuff this week?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...