Monday 7 May 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? #5



It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly event hosted by the wonderful Shelia at Book Journey. It is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!



Ans. Several books, simultaneously. 

This book was The Shizz. 
Review:  http://oopsireadthatbook.blogspot.in/2012/05/going-bovine-by-libba-bray.html



Now, I don't really read non-fiction. Ever. But I came across this photo of a page in the book, and I was in love. Also, Jonathan Safran Foer is brilliant. 




Nevertheless, I doubt it's gonna turn me into a vegan or whatever. 



Herman Melville sure loved his whales. 


I didn't really love this one. The protag is a female and the main guy is not your typical John Green character. *sigh* But, maybe it gets better. 


Watch out for the reviews. Let me know what you are reading this week? 


P.S- My Summer Reading List Part 1 and Part 2 ( Road Trip edition.) 

8 comments:

  1. Lots of nice books! How fun that you're reading non-fiction when you normally don't! I love books about food and how it's made. I haven't read this one though.

    Pity the John Green book isn't so great. Maybe it will improve. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know there was a new Jonathan Safran Foer out (what a difficult name he has!) Thanks!

    Here's my
    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
    Please stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd heard nothing but good about The Fault In Our Stars ... not sure what to think now but it's on my TBR mountain along with Going Bovine.
    Have a great week & happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither have I. The book is good I suppose, just not by the very high standards I have set John Green books to.
      :)
      You should check it out.

      Delete
  4. What a great grouping of books! Going Bovine? Yet to try that one! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Fault In Our Stars is on my stack, sorry it was not great for you. I want to read Goving Bovine. Hope this week of reading is fantastic for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't read a whole lot of non-fiction either, but once in awhile something will appeal to me :) I love that garden gnome in the cows arm for Going Bovine, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the excerpt about sea horses. :)

    Happy reading this week!
    What are YOU reading??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...