Sunday 3 July 2011

In My Mailbox #2

In My Mailbox is a wonderful meme started by Kristi at The Story Siren
It allows bloggers to share the books they’ve bought or received in the past week. They can be from stores, contests, tours or publishers!
So here are the books I bought this week.









For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.



I really am not to sure about this book which is why I have refrained from reading it so far. I thought it would be pretty Twilight-esque  and besides I have no clue about fallen angels!!


But I was looking for a nice suspense novel and someone recommended this so I thought I'll give it a try.






The city of Ember was built as a last refuge for the human race. Two hundred years later, the great lamps that light the city are beginning to flicker. When Lina finds part of an ancient message, she's sure it holds a secret that will save the city. She and her friend Doon must decipher the message before the lights go out on Ember forever! This stunning debut novel offers refreshingly clear writing and fascinating, original characters.


I love Dystopian fiction!
And this one sounds especially good!!




Because I read the first four for some light reading.



So that's all for this week because I have a huge TBR pile.

Xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Kate Brian fan - sad her series' are nearing an end. Must catch up on them. Have you tried the Privilege series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kate Brian! And I really want to read Hush, Hush but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I hope you enjoy them! Here's my IMM! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I have not read Privilege!
    I mean I started reading an excerpt after being done with the first book and omg it was totally spoilerish!
    And I knew who was the killer so I kind of stayed away from them!
    Is it any good?
    I was hoping The Cw would pick Private as a Tv Series since GG will obviously end after the next season!
    But they aren't :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you noticed that the cover of Ambition is the same as Memento Nora?

    Great haul. You've some good reading there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG yes! They have just changed the background!lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of Kate Brian. But it seems interesting. Anyway, happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Private series. It was definitely one of my favorites! I didn't even recognize them with the new covers lol.
    Hush, Hush, I thought, was really nice and it was an excellent love stories. The covers to those books are gorgeous. Thanks for the follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a nice list of books that you received in your mailbox this week. I really liked Hush Hush
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been checking out your blog, you're funny :D

    City of ember sounds really good! I'm adding it to my to read list...
    hoping for your review of it! (:

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...